Our business hours are Monday to Friday from 10am-6pm AEST. You can contact us by filling in our contact form and we will get back to you within 24-48 hours.
The Fancy Cut is an online business but we do have offices located in Darlinghurst, Sydney. Clients can book an appointment to visit us for a personal consultation. To book an appointment, please fill out our contact form.
We are strictly by appointment only and unfortunately cannot accept walk-ins.
What packaging does my jewellery come in?
We offer beautifully packaging for all our jewellery pieces. You will receive a velvet jewellery box inside a pink-ribboned outer box.
How do I best care for my Jewellery?
Precious jewellery is delicate and should be treated with care to last a lifetime and generations. Jewellery should be the last thing you put on in the morning and the first thing you take off when you come home.
- Take off your jewellery before applying makeup, skincare, lotions and perfumes.
- Leave your jewellery at home when doing strenuous physical activity, including going to the gym. Fine jewellery can be damaged by contact with weights or machinery.
- Take off your jewellery before going into the shower or bath.
- Keep your jewellery away from chemicals or reactive ingredients including perfume, cosmetics and skincare lotions and household chemicals.
- Take your jewellery off before bed and put them in a safe place.
- Do not wear your jewellery in a swimming pool or spa, the chlorine can react with the gold and damage some gemstones
- Store your jewellery separately to avoid scratching
- Micro pave bands need to be treated with extra care, as stones in the band can become loose with pressure and regular contact.
- Rings should be checked by a jeweller once a year for any prongs that might have loosened with wear over time.
What is the best way to clean my jewellery?
For a simple home clean, we recommend soaking your jewellery pieces in warm water and dish soap for 10 minutes. Then with a soft bristle toothbrush gently scrub the gold and stones, paying special attention to behind the stones where dirt and grime can build up and prevent your stone from shining.
For the best clean, we recommend taking your jewellery to your local jeweller for a professional clean. Moissanite can be cleaned in the same way as a diamond.
How can I track my order?
Once you order has shipped, we will send you an email with a DHL tracking number.
What does ‘DEW’ stand for?
DEW = Diamond Equivalent Weight
As moissanite is measured in mm rather than carat weight, we use the term Diamond Equivalent Weight (DEW) to give an approximation of what size diamond certain measurement will look like.
All Diamond Equivalent weight values on our moissanite sizes are approximate. This is because diamond weight does not guarantee a certain size, so a 2-carat diamond can sometimes be spready (larger face and not a lot of depth) or it can hold a lot of its weight in the bottom of the diamond and the face is smaller.
Why is moissanite measured in mm?
Carat is the traditional measurement of a diamond. Moissanite is measured in millimetres rather than carats. The millimetres represent the size of the face of the gem. Moissanite is 10-15% lighter than diamonds in carat weight. This means that although a 6.5mm diameter moissanite will look exactly the same as a 1-carat round diamond, it will weigh approximately 0.85-carat.
Carat is the traditional measurement of a diamond. Moissanite is measured in millimetres rather than carats. The millimetres represent the size of the face of the gem.
Moissanite is 10-15% lighter than diamonds in carat weight. This means that although a 6.5mm diameter moissanite will look exactly the same as a 1-carat round diamond, it will weigh approximately 0.85-carat.