Precious jewellery is delicate and should be treated with care to last a lifetime and generations. Jewellery should be the last thing you put on in the morning and the first thing you take off when you come home.
- Take off your jewellery before applying makeup, skincare, lotions and perfumes.
- Leave your jewellery at home when doing strenuous physical activity, including going to the gym. Fine jewellery can be damaged by contact with weights or machinery.
- Take off your jewellery before going into the shower or bath.
- Keep your jewellery away from chemicals or reactive ingredients including perfume, cosmetics and skincare lotions and household chemicals.
- Take your jewellery off before bed and put them in a safe place.
- Do not wear your jewellery in a swimming pool or spa, the chlorine can react with the gold and damage some gemstones.
- Store your jewellery separately to avoid scratching.
- Micro pave bands need to be treated with extra care, as stones in the band can become loose with pressure and regular contact.
- Rings should be checked by a jeweller once a year for any prongs that might have loosened with wear over time.